Dorsetware specialises in metal plating and electroplating, and one of the finishes it administers is iridite NCP plating and coating. The iridite NCP process produces a protective, corrosion-resistant coating on aluminium and its alloys. For this reason, it’s ideal to use as a standalone finish, but it is also favoured to use a base for paints, lacquers and high-performance topcoats as it provides a clean, adhesive surface.
What is the Iridite NCP process?
We use an environmentally friendly chemical process to provide an iridite plating and coating on customer products.
- De-grease and water-wash the product
- Removal of any oxidisation
- Wash the product with water
- Water rinse again
- Add the iridite NCP
- Wash with purified water
What are the uses?
- Iridite NCP can be used as a final finish
- Base for high-performance topcoats, paints, lacquers, powder-coats or rubber bonding
- Iridite NCP is corrosion resistant, unlike most non-chrome conversion coatings
- Superb paint adhesion
- Iridite NCP doesn’t contain lead, cadmium, chromium, mercury or PBB/PBDE compounds, meeting ELV, RoHS and WEEE standards
Are you looking for a protective finish? Dorsetware provide a range of metal finishes and electroplating services, and with nearly 50-years of experience, your products are in safe hands. Call us on 01202 677939 or use our online contact form to enquire. We look forward to hearing from you!